Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kennadie's Birth





I know this has been 4 months ago, but I just now decide to do a blog after seeing one of my friends, so I am doing a update before I start doing it weekly. Kennadie was born December 11, 2008 @ 12:49. I was suppose to be induced at 6:30am but when Colby and I woke up that morning to get in the shower at 4:30am we had NO hot water. Our hot water heater had busted and water was everywhere in our garage. Colby ended up going to a hotel to take a shower and get ready and we ended up not getting to the hospital until 7:30am. I was stressed out, to say the least. Around 9:15 they gave me an epidural because of all my back problems I had with my pregnancy. The epidural was GREAT, no problems at all like I had while delivering Gracie. So we all just sat around and waited for the potosin to kick in. Kelsi brought gifts for the girls and people were coming in and out. They checked me around 10:15am and everything was going good. I was at a 3 and thinning. Averie did not like seeing me in the hospital room. As soon as she would walk in she wanted to leave. Gracie was a little better. She actually sat on the bed and took a picture with me. They checked me around 11:00am because on the monitor they could tell my contractions were coming faster. I was 5-6 centimeters dilated and moving fast. My doctor came in at 12:00 to check on me. Everyone was in the room and were asked to step out for a little bit. Everything was calm and Colby and I were relaxed. Then I looked at the doctor's face and noticed she had a concerned look. She then tells me she think the baby as turned in a breech position, and tells the nurse to bring the sono machine. Before it could be brought to my room, my doctors feels a foot and started calling some sort of code. Things went from being calm, to people rushing around me, trying to get Colby and I ready for surgery. She tells me that they have to get the baby out immediately and that I am going to have a C-section. All I remember about that craziness was Colby standing over me saying everything was going to be okay. They prepped me for surgery and she was out at 12:49. The surgery for me lasted about an hour. I was SO out of it after the C-section that I don't think we got one picture of me holding Kennadie right after she was born. She was healthy, beautiful and safe and that was all I cared about. She was 9lbs and 3 ounces and 19 inches long. A big girl like her sisters. She came out with a lot of hair, but her was black. Averie kept saying that she had hair like mommy and not like her, Gracie or daddy. The pregnancy was hard from the beginning to end, from spotting the first 3 months, to the back trouble that put me on bed rest at Thanksgiving, to her turning at the last minute and me having to have a C-section. But I wouldn't change anything, if that meant something happening to her. My heart has definitely expanded and I can't see our lives without her.

No comments: